I just like to pretend I need to justify my blogging...because if I can't justify it, I know that I should instead be reading my books about Turkey, reviewing math prior to math camp, packing, or starting a back to school exercise regimen. In fact, I really SHOULD be doing all of the above. Except maybe reviewing math, because YEAH DAWG that is what MATH BOOT CAMP is for. If its a type of math you don't need to calculate department store discounts, I haven't used it since 2000...and I think Stats and Econ for Public Policy probably aren't what I employ when I figure my damage at Macy's. Whatever. Try not to be jealous. They say you haven't lived till you've done math boot camp at an overly intense and academic grad school...here's to living, then.
Speaking of living, life's crazy and it goes by so fast! Last weekend I went to a lovely wedding. Two friends from college, who have been dating for about 5 years, got married on Long Island, just outside of New York City (oh, how I had missed NYC). The wedding was a mini-reunion of sorts of many friends--a friend group that consists mainly of folks from the class year beneath my year. It was, in fact, the first wedding I've attended where bride or groom (and in this case, bride AND groom) are younger than I am. I think, obviously, this will become more the norm than the exception as time goes on. And in equally wonderful news, yesterday, some other friends had their first baby. She looks precious. Two other friends are in wedding planning mode for weddings less than 8 months away. And 3 other friends (well, 2 of them are married to each other) are all moving abroad (or have moved) for the next year. (I am selfishly sad about both of those happenings. For the friends and the places they'll go, I am happy.) And what am I doing with my life? Well, other than the impending math camp... Today I went to TJ Maxx and the mall. I purchased a vacuum cleaner and a stainless steel airtight container. I think I am in nesting mode as I prepare to move back to the windiest of cities for nerd camp and a level 2 improv class. Oh, and blogging. I am blogging.
And now, back to what I should be doing.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Um, please tell me that isn't me that's getting married in less than 8 months. When did that happen? I thought I had 10! Maybe I need to go to nerd camp, too.
Re: your comment on my blog. I'd love to know that study you're talking about. B and I are planning on doing the one with the church and then one on our own, but I'd also love one that's just for me. So send away, dear friend!
PS--I think your chicken salad and my chicken salad would sit nicely together side by side in the fridge.
Post a Comment