Wednesday, July 9, 2008

ETD: 6 hours

6 hours until we leave.  Yep, 3:55am.  Yuck.
Am I packed? not really.
Am I finished with my thesis? not really.
Am I a functional adult? somehow.*

what am i doing if i'm not finishing either of these very important tasks?
why, watching the 'real world' of course!

only because this season, mtv's housemates have been learning/doing improv in LA.  (with the western outpost of the improv theater where i take classes in chicago).

improv.  i love it.
at orientation they told us, "if you're not having fun, you're the (jerk)"** which is a quote that appears should be credited to improvisor/teacher/director/actor susan messing.

i think it is a wonderful motto for life in general.  i think it is a fantastic motto for family vacations in particular.  so, at 3:55AM tomorrow morning, if i'm not having fun, i'm the (jerk).

alright!  i better go get my (jerk) in gear and finish some things up!

*in Tanzania, "somehow" means not really.
**due to the family-friendly nature of this blog, the quote has not been reproduced in full

1 comment:

Unknown said...

JERKFACE!
you best have fun!